Monday, November 5, 2007

Jeff Lynne


I've been thinking of doing some demos that sounds like Jeff Lynne's stuff. He was the frontman for ELO. They where a 70's powerpop group. He was also in the traveling wilburys and produced Full Moon Fever for Tom Petty. His music sounds really different. For starters he records each drum by itself and often never puts in a hi hat. It's really weird but cool.

He also records everytime twice like 2 guitars at the same time. The harmonies are loud and pitched all crazy. It's great.

Anyway, just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan to me, got any song ideas brewing yet? I need to borrow the Petty doc, I've been sick the past few days and so staying in and checking out that dvd with some soup is where it's at. sg

Jeremy Horn said...

oh yeah always. Hope you're feeling better.

Journal Archive