Paul's CD's never fail to deliver. They are packed full of great tunes. This album from what I’ve heard is no different.
Through a mutual friend, I actually got to speak with Paul on the phone for about ten minutes a few weeks ago. That was weird. It was great, but what do you say to a total stranger beyond “Hello and I think your netto?” Anyway he was very gracious and it was cool for me. Anyway Hey let’s get a little dialogue going. What are some of your favorite worship albums right now? Or of all time really? I was talking about my all time favorite worship records the other day, I thought I’d give you my top 6 (I had to make it 6 because a top 5 is to small), and then we could all compare. In no particular order here it goes:
1. Delirious? “Cutting Edge” Where it all started for me! Thank you Martin Smith
2. Darrell Evans “Freedom” I must have played every song on this album over 200 times in the summer of 98 thru 99. NO JOKE! There was a huge revival @ CTR that year and we had 5 services a week!
3. Paul Baloche “A Greater Song” That record came out last year and blew me away! I play almost every song from it.
4. Hillsong United “More than Life” Holy Cow! This album raised the bar of what worship could be and sound like. Not necessarily my style of music but the content was there and it had the goods as far as the Spirit goes.
5. MorningStar “Glory” For one reason alone, the song “Praise the Lord Oh My Soul” By Kevin Prosch w/ Leonard Jones. I kid you not, the greatest recorded 18 minutes of worship music ever. I could listen to it now and get goose bumps. Spontaneous, prophetic, and raw, the way worship should be. That tune changed my life.
6. 100 Portraits and Waterdeep “Enter The Worship Circle.” Who knew a couple of acoustic guitars and a jimbe could change the global churches’ worship forever? “You Are So Good to Me” is still one of my favorites.
Honorable mentions:
Delirious? “King of Fools.” I weep every time I hear ”What A friend I’ve found.” It’s the anthem of my early twenties.
Vineyard “Hungry and Surrender.” Both of these albums where full of great corporate worship tunes. Kathryn Scott’s versions of the hymns “I Surrender All” and “When I Survey” just wreck me. Plus there was this little small tune called “Breathe” on “Hungry.” I wonder whatever happened to that song? =)
Let the debating begin!!!!
16 comments:
100 portraits & EWC stuff is amazing! We just went to one 100 portraits house concerts this summer. They brought their instruments to living rooms all summer long. They were really ministering to people a couple of times they began to speak/sing over individuals lives.
God was in the room. Wow, what a worship time!
That's awesome. Where was that? I wonder if they came toemephis?
Technically, this isn't a worship album per se. But I think one of the greatest worship-ful albums ever made is Kelly Willard's "Willing Heart."
I've never heard that record how old is it? Can Ijust say I'm an idiot because I didn't put any Keith Green in this list. ARRRGGG!
"open wide this window" by glassbyrd is a great record that not many people have ever heard.
I still go back to Kent Henry's "Awesome in this Place". It probably 15 years old, but still ministers to me.
You know tomake a long story short. The guy who really showed me what it means to flow in worship learned from Kent Henry back in the day. So it's funny you wrote that. I am kind of standing down stream from Him. I love that guy he's super anointed.
any keith green album all the way.
I remember another old one on Integrity's label by Ron Kenoly called "Lift Him Up". In the time it was recorded it was one of the most popular praise and worship CD'S around and had powerful songs. He had some world class musicians on it as well: Alex Acuna, and a bass player that was very famous in the recording and jazz scene...can't remember his name. (These two guys also played alot with Kent Henry) It was a little different style than what we primarily hear today, but worhip teams from all over played those songs.
That was definitely a great album. The bass player's name was Ab Laboriel. He's a really famous session player in LA. His son Ab JR is the drummer for Paul McCartney. He's really awesome.
could U2's "Joshua Tree" be considered a worship album? ha.
I almost put it in.
OK, while I hesitate to enter this comment, I've just got to.
I've already mentioned two CD'S in previous entries, but I have to admit there are two CD's that have been in my player for the last 3 or 4 years that probably get to me as much as any others that I have ever owned. You know how you will listen to some music for awhile, and then the "new" wears off and you put it away to be listened to only occasioally when you feel a little nostalgic? The "new" is still all over these and I don't see it coming off any time soon. They are simple but to the point! One is called "Blue Album" and the other is called "Red Album". I'm not just saying this to boost up Jeremy's ego. They truely do minister to me. I don't know if you will ever record all those songs again or not, but Jeremy, I just feel blessed whenever they are playing. But I do hope that one day you put out "I am Righteous in You". That song speaks louder every time I play it. Thanks
Wow thanks man.
Hate to sound like an old timer, but did anyone ever hear the album "Psalms Alive" 1 and 2? I'm not into that kind of music, but those two albums really ministered to me when I was in a tough time of transition in my life.
No I haven't. That sounds old school.
Post a Comment